Hollerado (Photo)

Hollerado jamming out on stage.

Hollerado, Bad Waitress and Pacific Estate will be performing at the Wave on Nov. 22.

The event, hosted by the University Students' Council and FAM — a partnership of the Faculty of Information and Media Studies Students' Council, the Arts and Humanities Students' Council and the Faculty of Music Students' Council — was announced on Monday morning.

“It’s really an opportunity to showcase the FAM faculties on a campus-wide stage. It was a really great opportunity to put FAM in the limelight for once,” says fourth-year media and the public interest student and FIMSSC president Ariana Magliocco.

According to Magliocco, the hosts hope to sell about 550 tickets.

“It’s going to be a smaller venue, but we wanted that small concert-type atmosphere so it wasn’t super overwhelming and could kind of feel like you had an intimate experience with the band,” explains Magliocco.

Hollerado is a three-time Juno-nominated Canadian indie rock band from Ottawa. Their most recent album, 2017’s energetic Born Yesterday, is packed with retro-style elastic guitar hooks and versatile choruses. 

In 2011, Hollerado scored a viral hit with their “Americanarama” video, which features 24 actors stacked in a grid, posing and dancing with massive cue cards in fluency with the power-pop tune. Hollerado are also well-known for indie singles, including “Juliette,” “Fake Drugs” and “So it Goes.”

Bad Waitress is a playful, four-piece punk rock band from Toronto. The band incorporates heavy and fast guitar riffs and intensely energetic and punchy drums with a strong sense of inclusive and progressive lyrics.

Their most recent EP Party Bangers Vol. 1 has solidified Bad Waitress as a staple in the punk genre, with characteristically short songs and a timely use of group vocals on songs including “What do I want?” and “Let’s Get Fucked Up."

Pacific Estate is a Burlington pop-rock band which formed in 2011. Their most recent EP, Say Hello to Heaven, Vol. 1, is a combination of seraphic and grungy vocals and harmonic guitar melodies. 

The bands vocalist and guitarist, Cameron Hart, is currently in his third-year of media, information and technoculture at Western University. 

“It’s a great opportunity for us to play for our friends and a new crowd. We spent the summer recording new music and we're super excited to play it,” says Hart.

Currently, early bird tickets are being sold for the price of $15.00, and ticket prices will go up to $20.00 starting Nov. 13. They can be bought online or at The Purple Store. You must be at least 17 years old to attend.

"It's a really great opportunity to have a big name performer in a small-scale venue, when you oftentimes don't get [that]," says Magliocco.

If you’re looking to hop into the mosh pit or have a beer and a heartfelt sing-a-long, this is the perfect event.

Follow the Facebook event page for more information.

4
0
0
0
0

Most of Carmen's time is spent in the Western Gazette newsroom, where he reports on student issues, London trends, and local events. He is currently in his fourth-year of Honours Specialization in Media, Information and Technoculture.