Sharon Hodgson (Photo)

Newly appointed dean Sharon Hodgson.

On Feb. 28, Western provost Andrew Hrymak announced the appointment of Sharon Hodgson as the new dean of Ivey Business School.  

Hodgson joins Ivey from IBM, where she held a position as corporate director, driving change and innovation enabled by technology. The past three decades have seen her in a leadership position with IBM, PwC and Andersen Consulting. 

Over the course of her career at IBM, she served as a consulting leader of the Growth Markets Unit in Shanghai and leader of North America’s Business Analytics Optimization Unit in Philadelphia. 

In addition to the consulting experience Hodgson brings to Ivey, she has earned a bachelor of commerce from the University of Manitoba, as well as an MBA from Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania. She also participated in the Advanced Executive Program for IBM at Harvard Business School. 

Hodgson will assume her new position as the dean of Ivey on May 6. 

She will succeed Robert Kennedy, who accepted the position of dean of the Business School at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore in July 2017. Since Kennedy’s departure, Ivey professor Mark Vandenbosch has been serving as acting dean. 

2
0
0
0
0