+1 
Bus in winter

An LTC bus stopped outside Alumni Hall on Jan. 16.

The London Transit Commission released an all-new website earlier in February with real-time bus schedules in the hopes of improving rider experience.

In the past, many Londoners have been a victim of incorrect schedules: it's not uncommon to check the LTC site, and plan for a bus that's coming at 9:05, only to walk to the stop and watch the bus drive by early. This can leave students late, walking or taking an Uber to class. 

This may become a story of the past with the new update system released on Feb. 20 by the LTC.

+1 
LTC website

Kelly Paleczny, LTC general manager, said the complete redesign of the website is intended to improve usability.

The site revamp is a part of a four-year plan to increase ridership and will feature real-time updates, mobile compatibility and interactive maps. 

Paleczny expects customers to be more satisfied as information about buses' locations will be sent to the site every 15 seconds, making the site more reliable. She said the bus schedules should be more accurate, with only a few minutes of error. Students will also be able to check if busses are full for the first time. 

“With the cold weather of this season, no one wants to wait outside to find out that the bus is full. That is why we introduced a way to check if buses are full on the website,” Paleczny said.

The website will also allow users subscribe to a bus route and be alerted during service interruptions or route detours. 

“Say you have a class that ends at 8pm, you can now sign up for a service that will email you the next 3 buses that are coming, so you can decide when to leave your building,” Paleczny said.

New Facebook and Twitter accounts will be launched to cater to students and send information about service interruptions.

London transit apps are also revamping. The LTWatch app, not affiliated with this commission, updated to include the new bus route information and features.

1
0
0
0
1