Beer

Students are invited to attend Pints and Politics Round 2 this Tuesday March 13, an informal event where they can engage with municipal, provincial and federal representatives.

Hosted by the University Student’s Council and Western's Student Experience, the event will be held at the Wave from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. with free admission and food for students. Students can drop by and have conversations with members of different political parties regarding issues of interest for students.

Representatives attending include MP London-Fanshawe, Irene Mathyssen; MPP London-West, Peggy Sattler; MP London-West, Kate Young; and the Mayor of London, Matt Brown.

Landon Tulk, USC vice-president, said the event is a unique opportunity for students to engage with local political leaders.

“I want students to feel comfortable networking and discussing ideas and concerns with the decision makers in this city,” Tulk said.

At the Pints and Politics event last semester, Tulk said it was many students' first time chatting with members of different political parties in the same room.

Conversations last semester included discussions about transit in London and recent changes to Ontario’s labour act, which Tulk anticipated will continue this Tuesday.

“We’re going to again foster an open and welcoming environment for students to come and voice their thoughts.”

3
0
0
0
0