Wave Breakfast Foods

In March 2016, the Wave experimented with offering all-day breakfast options (pictured above). However, next Thursday will be the first time the campus restaurant tries out an expedited, weekly breakfast buffet.

To help students beat morning stomach growls, the University Students' Council is introducing a weekly breakfast buffet. 

Dubbed the “$6.99 Stack,” students can fill up on breakfast dishes like pancakes, french toast, hash browns, eggs, fruit and pastries starting Thursday, Sept. 14. The breakfast buffet will be available every Thursday from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Wave, located on the second floor of the University Community Centre.

With a rotating menu, the breakfast buffet will announce its featured foods each week on a chalkboard at the Wave.

For convenience, students will pay at the front of the Wave and make their way to the back of the restaurant for the buffet. Each additional breakfast plate will be charged at a reduced price that is not yet determined.

According to Jana Cernavskis, USC communications officer, the whole idea behind this project is to provide students with a cost-effective alternative to eat on campus.

“With breakfast being the most important meal of the day, it’s a really great way for students to get something that’s cheap that they can eat quickly between classes and then have energy to go about the rest of their day,” said Cernavskis.

On Thursdays, the Wave's regular restaurant operations will begin at 11 a.m., after the breakfast buffet.

16
3
8
1
4

Grace is a news editor for volume 111 at the Gazette. She is a fourth-year neuroscience student minoring in French studies. If you want to reach Grace, email her at grace@westerngazette.ca