What you need to know about campus this January

• 0

Western classes will run online until at least Jan. 31 and with the provincial government announcing new COVID-19 restrictions this week, here’s what you need to know about life on campus this month. 

Return in-person 

• Classes are expected to return in-person Jan. 31

• The university will let students and staff know the week of Jan. 10 if online learning will continue into February 

• Some classes remain in-person, including clinical learning for some health science and medical students

• In-person student athlete training is postponed indefinitely 

Campus Services 

• All on-campus parking is free until Jan. 31

• Most on-campus eateries are closed, except the University Community Centre Starbucks, Tim Hortons and Subway open weekdays until 3 p.m. 

• Western Libraries will be open weekdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

• Only the Weldon, Taylor, Business, Music and Law libraries will be open with limited seating, students are asked to study at home when possible 

• The Western Student Recreation Centre will be closed until at least Jan. 26, in line with the provincial restrictions closing all gyms

Residence

• Most students will not return to residence until Jan. 27 at the earliest

• If online classes continue into February, students’ return to residence will likely be delayed 

• Residence dining halls will be closed and students asked to eat in their rooms 

Testing, Boosters and Vaccination

• Western’s PCR tests will only be available to those required to self-isolate and identified by Western as requiring a test

• Western’s on-campus vaccination clinic reopened Monday and is providing free first, second and booster vaccinations by walk-in and appointment 

• Campus’ vaccination clinic is only available to Western students, staff and their immediate families

3
0
0
8
0