Debate Menu- Aaron Mallett.jpg

The Wave recently released a presidential election-themed menu feature. Poignantly included at the bottom of the menu is the line “This menu, unlike the promises in the presidential election, does not leave a bad taste in your mouth.”

Slamming Crooked Hillary and Drumpf equally with clever quips, the menu is hilarious to read. Here are a few highlights from the menu:

Melting Pot of Brie

"Conform with the masses and indulge in this crowd pleasing appetizer. Cranberry and walnut baked brie, served with crackers."

The Clinton Pulled Pork Sandwich

"Sweet, spicy, salty, and saucy. Our bbq pulled pork sandwich describes the many sides of Hillary Clinton. You may want to investigate for hidden emails." 

Trumpkin Pie

"What does pumpkin pie and Donald Trump have in common? They are both orange and rich! Seize the day, and “overcomb” any obstacle with this festive dessert."

Mark Leonard, USC senior manager of hospitality services, recommends the Bragadocious!– a fried chicken sandwich with waffles for bread – and the Trumpkin pie.

When asked which candidate the Wave would vote for, Leonard responds with “definitely Obama.” While the Wave generally remains impartial on presidential elections, the unfortunate choice of candidates leaves the Wave in the position to opt for “none of the above”.  Sorry Hill and Donald.

The Wave will broadcast the third presidential debate on Oct. 19. This is a limited time offer to eat food that mocks your favourite presidential candidates to hate. Don't miss out on the inevitable (and disheartening) entertainment, folks. 

0
0
0
0
0

Annie is a culture editor for volume 110. Previously, she was a staff writer for volume 109. She is in her fourth year studying English and political science. Contact her at annie@westerngazette.ca or follow her on Twitter @annierueter1.