DSC_0404(1).jpg

Kat Tsiofas, far left, and Courtney Sestric, bottom left, watch as Rams' Theanna Vernon (2) and Sim Gill (13) go up for a block during OUA women's volleyball semifinal action on Friday, March 5.

TORONTO – The Western Mustangs women's volleyball team lost in straight sets (18-25, 15-25, 19-25) to the Ryerson Rams in the Ontario University Athletics semifinal on Friday night in Toronto. 

Recap

The Ryerson Rams came out ready to play right from the get go. After losing to the Mustangs at home two weeks ago, the Rams were hungry for some redemption. They were seemingly in complete control the whole game and prevented the Mustangs from going on any big runs. The Mustangs took a couple brief leads in the second and third set but were not able to maintain a lead for a sustained period of time. The Mustangs also seemed to shoot themselves in the foot at times with many unforced errors that prevented them from getting any momentum going. 

Gazette Player of the Game

Aja Gyimah had nine kills and 10 digs for the Mustangs in the losing effort. 

Up Next

The Mustangs will play in the OUA bronze medal game against their arch rival McMaster Marauders at 6 p.m. tomorrow at the Goldring Centre in Toronto. 

0
0
0
0
0

Shane is a fourth year History student at Western. It is his first year as a sports editor for the Gazette. He is also a member of the cross country and track and field teams at Western.