volleyball_men's_preseason_Oct15_Waterloo_Mike_Choja

Every week the Purple Pipe Podcast dedicates time to Mustang athletics. We talk to the athletes and coaches who matter most.

Episode 13 features Doug Austrom and Mike Choja from the men’s volleyball team, who kick off a vital roundtrip this weekend with a match against the top-ranked McMaster Marauders tomorrow night.

Host Nathan Kanter is joined by sports editor Shane Roberts as the four discuss what it was like playing in the CIS championships two years ago, how the team looks to rebound after a disappointing season last year, the possibility of playing overseas after graduating and why the two came to Western in the first place.

The guests start off with two truths and a lie, where we learn about Mike's musical ability and Doug's love for a city out west.

In Rapid Fire, both contestants finish with an admirable time, but one gets stumped on the question: "If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?"

0
0
0
0
0

Shane is a fourth year History student at Western. It is his first year as a sports editor for the Gazette. He is also a member of the cross country and track and field teams at Western.

Nathan is the digital managing editor for volume 109 of the Western Gazette. Nathan studied MTP for his undergrad, a mixture of MIT at Western and television broadcasting at Fanshawe, before receiving his masters in journalism from Western last year.