The National Football League is finally into the swing of things — and so is your fantasy football team.

No matter what state your team is in after the first two weeks of mayhem, you still need wins. We’ve got the tips you need to bounce back, continue a winning streak or get in the win column. 

Week three presents many boom or bust opportunities, but one thing is for sure — there’s plenty of points up for grabs.  

Start ‘em

Kirk Cousins: Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions

Let’s forget about last week. 

Kirk Cousins’ and the Minnesota Vikings’ week three opponents, the Detroit Lions, have allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to quarterbacks so far this season. Their defence will now face the high-powered Vikings offence with Justin Jefferson and Dalvin Cook in tow, making way for Cousins to have a strong fantasy week.

DeVonta Smith: Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Commanders

DeVonta Smith was held at zeros across the board in week one against a porous Lions defence, but then found a groove against the Vikings last week, recording seven receptions for 80 yards. 

The Washington Commanders have allowed the seventh-most fantasy points to receivers through the first two weeks of the season. Now that Smith and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts have built up some rapport with each other, Smith’s lacklustre performances should be well behind him.

Even though Smith has to share targets with fellow wide receiver A.J. Brown, the two should have lots of volume to work with and get a fair amount of opportunities. 

Tyler Higbee: Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals

Higbee was targeted nine times during the Los Angeles Rams’ week two matchup against the Atlanta Falcons. His 71 receiving yards were second to Cooper Kupp’s team-leading 108. 

The Rams visit the Arizona Cardinals this week, who have allowed the most fantasy points to tight ends across the league. Higbee’s upside is so high he even makes a good start in a flex position on your roster.

Sit ‘em

Tua Tagovailoa: Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills

Tua Tagovailoa is coming off an impressive comeback win against the Baltimore Ravens last week, but this momentum won’t carry through for a second game. 

The Buffalo Bills are a whole new beast — one Tagovailoa has struggled against in the past. He’s 0–3 against Buffalo in his career and based on the strength of the Bills’ defence — allowing the least fantasy points to quarterbacks this season — it’s tough to justify starting players facing them. 

Arizona Cardinals’ running backs vs. Los Angeles Rams

There are two possible outcomes here: a day-to-day James Conner struggles after injuring his ankle in week two against the Las Vegas Raiders, or you put your trust in an unproven running back like Eno Benjamin or Darrel Williams against a stacked Rams defence. 

Either way, you won’t get a ton of fantasy points. Bench your Cardinals running backs with confidence this week. 

Brandon Aiyuk: San Francisco 49ers at Denver Broncos

The San Francisco 49ers have had a wrench thrown into their season plans. 

After spending the whole offseason developing a playbook with quarterback Trey Lance in mind, the 49ers have now had to pivot and put their trust in second string quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. 

Though Deebo Samuel still warrants a start, don’t expect much out of Aiyuk against the Denver Broncos’ league-wide lowest fantasy points allowed to wide receivers.

Waiver wire pickups

Sterling Shepard: New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys

Sterling Shepard led the Giants with 10 targets in week two’s win over the Carolina Panthers and currently sits second on the New York Giants lineup in receiving yards. 

He will have plenty of opportunities to build on his strong week two performance against the Dallas Cowboys defence who have had issues covering receivers so far this season. With the uncertain health of Kadarius Toney, Shepard is the most reliable Giants’ receiver. 

Rostered in under 18 per cent of ESPN leagues, he’s a solid pickup that will get you volume this Monday. 

Gerald Everett: Los Angeles Chargers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

Gerald Everett is somehow only rostered in under 50 per cent of ESPN leagues.

Everett has had a strong start to the season, playing on a stacked Los Angeles Chargers offence, getting 10 targets last Thursday. 

Coming home following a tough loss to the Chiefs, Everett will be in the mix for touches. So if he’s still available in your league, pick him up immediately. 

Hayden Hurst: Cincinnati Bengals at New York Jets

Hurst was targeted seven times last week against an impressive Dallas defence. 

The New York Jets allowed six receptions and 77 total yards to the Cleveland Browns’ tight ends last week, with Ravens tight end Mark Andrews putting up five receptions and 52 yards in week one. 

The numbers favour Hurst this week and as Cincinnati’s offence struggles with Joe Burrow, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Hurst get a sizeable workload.

4
0
0
0
1